Last Updated - April 9, 2010
Personal Information We Collect
- We collect all of the information that you voluntarily provide when you visit the Website and create an account with EIC. You can use the Website without creating an account, but many of the services will not be available.
- The server on which the Website is located collects and saves only the default information customarily logged by web server software. This information may include the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, and the pages and images requested. These are common analytics used my most websites and the information is not linked to anything personally identifiable.
- EIC does not intentionally solicit or collect personal information about children who are under the age of 18. If you are under 18 and would like to use our web site, please ask a parent or guardian for assistance. EIC recommends that parents or guardians do not post, or permit others to post, any personally identifiable information of anyone under the age of 18.
Use of Personal Information
- When you establish an account with EIC, you will receive periodic emails based on your account activity, such activities may include the confirmation of loans or donations you have made, repayment notifications on any loans, notification of email or password changes, or any responses to customer service inquiries.
- EIC may send periodic newsletter emails. The frequency of these newsletters may vary. If newsletters are sent, you will have an option to opt out of receiving them through an option in your account.
- EIC may record and display anonymous lending activity on the Website and display the general regions where our lenders are located. This activity will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- You are responsible for any information you may provide as part of our community section. It will be viewed by any interested party visiting the Website.
- EIC will not share, rent, or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals.
- If you have registered with us or have an account, we may share the information submitted under your registration or account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- EIC may share aggregated statistical and demographic information in the course of our dealings with certain third parties. This information will not be personally identifiable in any way.
- EIC reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
- Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- EIC limits access to personal information about you to employees who need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with best practices to protect personal information about you. While we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.